- Introduction (Mar 2012, 21 minutes). Rich Hickey introduces Datomic.
- Tutorial (Apr 2012, 12 minutes). Tim Ewald demonstrates using
Datomic interactively from the Java shell.
- Datomic Console (Oct 2013, 6 minutes). Stuart Halloway introduces
- Datalog (Mar 2012, 11 minutes). Stuart Halloway introduces Datomic
- Database Functions (May 2012, 9 minutes). Stuart Halloway explains
database functions and transaction functions.
- Deploying to AWS (May 2012, 6 minutes). Tim Ewald demonstrates
deploying Datomic to Amazon Web Services.
Datomic Team Presentations
- Riak Community Hangout 6 - Datomic (Jan 2014). Stuart Halloway
discusses Datomic at a Riak Community Hangout.
- Datomic by Rich Hickey (Nov 2013). Rich Hickey presents Datomic at
- Datomic, and How We Built It (Nov 2013). Stuart Halloway tells how
Datomic was designed and built at SCNA.
- The Functional Database (Oct 2013). Rich Hickey discusses how a
functional database can impact the programming model, using Datomic
as an example, but the principles apply to other systems using an
- Using Datomic with Riak (July 2013). Rich Hickey at RICON East 2013.
- Simulation Testing with Simulant (July 2013). Stuart Halloway
discusses simulation-based testing using Simulant, a testing library
built using Datomic.
- Deconstructing the Database (Feb 2013). Rich Hickey deconstructs the
monolithic database into separate services, transactions, storage,
query, combining them with a data model based on atomic facts to
provide new capabilities and tradeoffs.
- Rich Hickey on Datomic, CAP, and ACID (Jan 2013). QCon SF 2012
interview with Rich Hickey.
- Breaking Down Big Data with Datomic (Jan 2013). Stuart Sierra
speaking at Chariot Solutions.
- Datomic, and how we Built It (Nov 2012). Stuart Halloway discusses the
process of building Datomic, and lessons that apply to software in general.
- Exploring Datomic (Oct 2012). Tim Ewald explores Datomic's
architecture and some of its implications, focused entirely on
- Writing Datomic in Clojure (Oct 2012). Rich Hickey introduces
Datomic, including architectural and implementation details.
- The Impedance Mismatch is Our Fault (Oct 2012). Stuart Halloway
explains what the impedance mismatch is and what can be done to
solve it in the context of RDBMS, OOP, and NoSQL.
- The Database as a Value (Sept 2012). Rich speaking at GOTO Chicago
Functional Programming Night. Discusses the importance of
immutability and time in representing information, the reification
of process, and the mechanisms of durable persistent data structures