This page provides instructions for creating a Datomic Cloud System.
NOTE The S3 template is for testing and runs only in us-east-1. Make sure you are in us-east-1.
Follow these steps from the CloudFormation console:
- Click the Create Stack button
- Under "Choose a Template", select the "Specify an Amazon S3 template URL" option
- Paste the System Template URL from the releases page in the input box:
- Click the Next button
Fill in the template's parameter values as specified below.
- Choose a name for your Datomic Cloud System. This must be a valid system name, specifically, it must consist of only lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens and can't be longer than 50 characters.
- Start bastion?
- Set this to "Yes" so that the emplate will start a bastion for developer internet access. You will need to authorize access to the bastion instance in a later step.
- AWS EC2 Key Pair
- The key pair to assign to compute nodes. Select a key pair for ssh access to nodes and the bastion host.
- Existing IAM managed policy for node
- Optional. The name of an IAM managed policy to add to the role that group nodes run with. Leave blank.
- Reuse existing storage on create
- Indicates whether this launch is a restart or an initial creation. When false, will create persistent AWS resources. When true, reuses previously created resources. Accept the default of False for your first launch.
This CloudFormation Template creates a VPC in which to run Datomic Cloud. Configure the settings for the VPC in the VPC Configuration section. See the AWS VPC Guide for details on specifying the CIDR blocks. Unless you know you need to change the CIDR block settings, you should accept the default configuration.
- VPC CIDR block
- The CIDR block to assign to the VPC. Accept the defaults.
- First, Second, and Third CIDR Blocks.
- Datomic will configure three subnets in the VPC. These three CIDR Blocks must be subsets of the VPC CIDR Block, and they must not overlap with each other. Accept the defaults.
Click the Next button.
- Leave the default settings
- Click the Next button.
- Under "Capabilities", click the checkbox stating "I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources with custom names."
- Click "Create" to launch the stack.
Find your stack in the CloudFormation window and click the checkbox at the start of its row. Watch the Events tab until it shows CREATE_COMPLETE for the resource Type "AWS::CloudFormation::Stack". This can take several minutes.