Deleting a System
Deleting a Datomic System requires two steps:
- deleting CloudFormation stacks
- permanently deleting durable storage
You can delete CloudFormation stacks at any time, with no loss of data. You might do this e.g. to save computing costs for a system not in active use.
Deleting durable storage is an irrevocable operation, and will delete all your data!
Deleting CloudFormation Stacks
From your CloudFormation Dashboard delete all stacks associated with the system. as described below:
Single Template System
If you followed the initial Setting Up instructions and have never upgraded, your system will have a single top-level CloudFormation stack whose name is the system name. Simply delete this stack.
Multiple Template Systems
If you have ever upgraded the system, you will have multiple top-level stacks. Delete the stacks in the order shown below, waiting for each deletion to complete before continuing:
- Query Groups (in any order)
- Primary Compute
Deleting Durable Storage
Note: These steps will permanently delete all databases and logs.
Replace (System) and (Region) in the instructions below with your system name.
- Delete the S3 bucket tagged with datomic:system=(System) in region (Region)
- Delete the DynamoDB table in region (Region) named datomic-(System)
- Delete the DynamoDB table in region (Region) named datomic-(System)-catalog
- Delete the EFS in region (Region) named datomic-(System)
- Delete the CloudWatch log group in region (Region) named datomic-(System)
- Deregister the read and write DynamoDB scalable targets for Datomic-(System)
At the time of this writing, the "Deregister scalable targets" step is not avialable in the AWS GUI console. Replace (Region) and (System) to run the AWS CLI commands shown below.
aws --region (Region) application-autoscaling deregister-scalable-target --service-namespace dynamodb --scalable-dimension dynamodb:table:WriteCapacityUnits --resource-id table/datomic-(System) aws --region (Region) application-autoscaling deregister-scalable-target --service-namespace dynamodb --scalable-dimension dynamodb:table:ReadCapacityUnits --resource-id table/datomic-(System)