Datomic Cloud Releases
This page provide CloudFormation templates, client maven coordinates, and release notes that you can use when planning an upgrade.
ion-devlibraries are available on the datomic-cloud repository.
client-cloudlibrary is available on the maven Central Repository.
Productiontemplates require that you sign up via the AWS Marketplace, and are linked directly in the table below,
Clicking on the file icons below will copy the CF template URL into your clipboard
|Clojure Client||11/28/2018||com.datomic/client-cloud "0.8.71"|
|Query Group||12/10/2018||454-8573 |
If you are using any of the affected software, follow the recommendations in the table below. See the release link for full details.
|Production, Query Groups||10/11/2018||441-8505||upgrade as soon as possible|
Blanks in this table indicate that a component was not upgraded in a particular release.
|Date||CFT Version||Summary||Storage||Solo||Production||Query Group||Client|
|12/10/2018||Ion dev and Ion|
|11/28/2018||Client Cloud Update||"0.8.69"|
|08/21/2018||Client Cloud Update||"0.8.66"|
|08/21/2018||Client Cloud Update||"0.8.63"|
|08/15/2018||Ion dev and Ion|
|07/11/2018||Ion dev and Ion|
|07/03/2018||Client Cloud Update||"0.8.56"|
|06/06/2018||397-8384||Storage and Compute Update||"0.8.54"|
|02/21/2018||303-8300||Storage and Compute Update|
The 454-8573 release contains a number of performance and availability enhancements:
- Enhancement: You can configure systems to preload a database before serving requests, eliminating a source of unavailable anomalies.
- Enhancement: Ion deployments load active databases before serving requests, eliminating a source of unavailable anomalies.
- Enhancement: Improved throughput for transactions initiated by ion applications running the Production Topology.
- Enhancement: Improved performance for systems that create and delete many databases (e.g. test systems)
- Enhancement: Improvements to logging.
- Enhancement: Increase CodeDeploy timeout to 5 minutes.
- Enhancement: Include doc strings for user facing functions in build artifact
- Add compatibility with com.cognitect/aws-api
- Add Datafy
- Upgraded http-client to 0.1.87
- Improved error reporting
Release 441-8505 includes critical updates. All users of the Production Topology and Query Groups should upgrade to 441-8505 immediately. The Solo Topology is not affected.
- Critical: fixes a problem that can cause portions of the log to become inaccessible. Please update as soon as possible.
- Bugfix: fixed bug that could cause a
withdatabase query to go to the wrong node in a production cluster.
- Bugfix: fixed Jetty configuration that could cause a client to prevent JVM from shutting down.
- Upgraded transit-clj to 0.8.313
:query-groupparameter is no longer required in the client arg-map
- Bugfix: allow retraction of
- Bugfix: coerce
Integervalues to long when needed in transactions
- Enhancement: better memory utilization allows larger query results
- Enhancement: automatically rollback deployments when an ion application fails to load
- Added support for
- New Feature:
datomic.ion.castlibrary for monitoring ions
- Bugfix: fixed race condition in ion code loading that could allow ion invocation before namespace completely loaded
- Enhancement: warn on dependency conflicts
- Improvement: prefer shell-friendly symbols instead of strings as arguments to datomic.ion.dev CLI commands
- Improvement: better error messaging when deploying to the wrong region.
- Improvement: list available deploy groups in push output
- Improvement: enforce the requirement for
:unamewhen project has a
- Enhancement: added sync to client API. See https://docs.datomic.com/cloud/whatis/client-synchronization.html
- Better error message when unable to connect to cluster or proxy.
- Upgraded AWS libs to 1.11.349
- Upgraded Jackson libs to 2.9.5
- Fixed cache problem where all
d/withdatabases deriving from a common initial call to
d/with-dbhad the same common value.
- Enhancement: added :server-type :ion
- Enhancement: ensure recentness of
- Bugfix: doubles and floats allowed in transactions
- Bugfix: avoid unnecessary ":AdopterSkippedOlder" alert when creating new database
- Update: latest Amazon Linux patches
- Improvement: better error handling in Storage template
- Improvement: reduce memcached timeout